As stated in the Proprietary Lease, subletting all or any part of your apartment requires prior approval of the Board of Directors.
The Board understands that on occasions, subtenants may not necessarily have the same regard for our Co-op as we ourselves. In reviewing applications to sublet, therefore, the Board requires certain information that we feel will help us expedite the approval of your subtenant. The Board also requires that the subtenant be interviewed and approved prior to moving in. The Board of Directors has the right to deny a shareholder the privilege of a sublet or to decline an individual, without stating a reason.
The Managing Agent can provide you with a sublet package that contains the necessary information as well as the fees associated with subletting.
The shareholder will be responsible for maintenance payments and any damages to the building arising from a sublet, as well as the annual fee for subletting.
A shareholder may request to sublet his/her apartment unit for a period not to exceed two (2) years out of the last four (4) years.
FINALLY, AS LESSOR YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SEEING THAT YOUR TENANT HAS A COPY OF THE HOUSE RULES AND THAT HE ABIDES BY THEM.
MOVING IN/MOVING OUT:
The procedure for moving into or out of the building is as follows:
- At least 10 days in advance, notify the Managing Agent in writing of the date and approximate time of the move.
- Include in the above notice a personal check for $500.00 payable to 215 West 75th Street Owners Corp. This is the building’s security against damages caused by the move (i.e. hallway, floors, walls, etc.). This security will be sent back to you if there has been no damage. Repair costs for damages will be deducted from the check.
- All moving is to be done Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No moves are allowed on holidays or weekends.
- NOTE: If your move is not completed by 5:00 p.m., you will be charged overtime subject to the availability of a porter to operate the service elevator. The overtime is for time and labor costs subsequently incurred. Make sure you ask the Managing Agent for the rate or fee that you will have to pay.
- You must use the freight elevator only. All moving is to be done through the basement and requires a deposit check. NO MOVING OF ANY KIND IS PERMITTED IN THE LOBBY. Please be advised that there is a side entrance to the basement.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SHAREHOLDER TO PROTECT AND CLEAN UP THE COMMON AREAS DURING THE MOVE-IN/MOVE-OUT. Failure to do so will result in a clean-up fee to be deducted from the $500.00 deposit.